Forms for Graduate Students

All Electronic Thesis, Treatise and Dissertation content and information can now be found exclusively on the Office of Graduate Studies Blackboard websites. All ETD content and information can be located in the "Theses, Treatises & Dissertations" submenu, found on the left-hand side of the screen.

- Students should access the "GradSpace" webpage 
- Faculty and Staff should access the "Office of Graduate Studies - Faculty/Staff" webpage

In order to submit your manuscript successfully, you must adhere to the formatting rules found in the "Guidelines and Requirements," as well as the deadlines outlined for the semester you plan to graduate. 
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about the ETD process, please consult with the Clearance Advisor, via e-mail at, or by phone at (850) 644-3501.

DIS Approval Form

dis_form.pdf 46.39 kB

Extension of Incomplete Form

extension_of_incomplete.pdf 8.82 kB

Graduate Course Schedule Form

graduate_course_schedule.pdf 42.54 kB

Graduate Exit Interview Form (required of all graduating students)

graduate_exit_interview.doc 37.50 kB

Graduate Student Travel Subsidy

As we have done for the last several years, the Department will again provide some funding to students who are presenting papers or posters at national and international conferences during the period of August 1, 2017–July 31, 2018.  Our funds are limited (faculty too have a very modest travel allotment), and given the large number of students presenting papers, we will need once again to limit the maximum for any student to $500 per year. We wish we could offer a larger subsidy.

In order to apply for departmental funding for travel to present a paper or poster, there are two stipulations:

1) The conference must be a major national-level one, such as AIA, SCS [formerly the APA], or CAMWS (but not CAMWS-Southern Section), or an international conference. Graduate student-run conferences at other universities are not eligible for any departmental funding. Special topic conferences, especially those with peer-reviewed submission of abstracts, will be considered.

2) You must be the principal author or presenter if the paper or poster is jointly authored; only one travel award per paper or poster can be made.

3) Students must demonstrate that they have applied to COGS (Council Of Graduate Students) for additional funds. Female students must also apply to the Owenby fund administered by the Office of the Dean of Arts and Sciences. The Departmental travel subsidy is not contingent upon success in these applications; rather it is contingent upon you making the effort to apply to the outside sources.

To apply for the travel subsidy, please complete the form available on the Department website under Forms for Graduate Students, and submit it to the Chair of the Department in hard copy. You may apply for the subsidy before the announcement of acceptance of your paper or abstract. Documentation of application to COGS (and Owenby if appropriate) will be required before the final approval of the travel subsidy. Click here for form.

NOTE: Because of University rules regarding travel, you must submit your application 1 month prior to traveling; thus for AIA/SCS you need to apply by December 1st, and for CAMWS you need to apply by March 9th. Note that COGS and A&S will have different deadlines.

If you have questions about the budget (especially about how to determine the meal per diem), please consult Ramsey Cornwell, our departmental travel representative.





In-state Residency Classification Form (

residency.pdf 231.38 kB

MA Paper Approval Form

MAPaperApproval.doc 27.00 kB

Ph.D. Committee Form

PhDCommitteeForm.pdf 45.92 kB

Ph.D. Major Professor Form

phd_major_professor.pdf 6.76 kB

Ph.D. Prospectus Approval Form

PhDProspectusApprovalForm.pdf 52.47 kB

Legacy Sort
Legacy Priority